Sunday 8 June 2014

Intro


Translation: "Gone to be happy. Not sure when back".

In a nutshell, what will Elena's Experiencias be about? After 8 years of dreaming, planning and saving up from all the jobs I had (a lot of them even from the time I was a student), I have decided to take advantage of my temporary career break and go and fulfill a very old wish of mine of exploring Latin America. Many already know about my interest in the culture, the language, salsa and everything connected to Latin America and I keep an open mind to be fascinated by the people, landscapes and the countries I will be passing by.

The trip is for 3 months and a half (leaving in one day!). I will be traveling through Cuba, Mexico, Belize, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and Bolivia. I have started properly planning the itinerary a few months ago and I hope to see and experience the absolute best of all these countries. Hence I can perhaps say I have acquired a solid knowledge of traveling within that side of the world. At least, theoretical. The practical part yet to come.

Many of my friends asked me to start a blog so they can see the trip through my eyes. Thus, I would like this blog to briefly depict the experiences, best sights, people, happenings and tips I have. Hopefully it will inspire or help others with their own planning.

Should I have another purpose for the blog on my return, it will be decided after I've tried it. Because we can only enrich ourselves by trying and living.

2 comments:

  1. Que disfrutes tu viaje Elena! Un fuerte abrazo!
    Gabriel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muchisimas gracias, Gabriel! Espero que todo va bien contigo tambien!!

    ReplyDelete