Thursday 26 June 2014

Solo traveller


This photo was taken taken during our last night in Havana. The second day, my dear friend Adelina, had to leave Cuba and I continued on my own. Though we initially planned to travel the whole time together, sometimes things don't work out. But I am very grateful to my dear mecla for the absolutely amazing time we spent together, she is such an inspiration and an amazing friend to have due to her big, big heart. She also enjoys and appreciates travelling as an enriching experience. I couldn't think of a better person to start my journey with as she is a perfect travelling buddy for me: loves trying new cuisine, music and dancing, and enjoys the local experience. I am happy to have Cuba chapter added to our friendship story and looking forward to many more!

Extra: At the time of writing, I have already left Cuba. I can say that travelling alone was definitely an interesting experience, though this was for the first time I did in my life. Out of of 9 days I was a solo traveller, I have never spent an evening alone, but one (when I was in bed shivering with fever). I have met people all over the world and I have had the change to chat with locals many times to hear their perspectives on Cuba. During the day, I often visited cities with other tourists and made great friends. Maybe it is Cuba, maybe it's the openness of people travelling abroad, but it was dek definitely very easy to talk to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment