Sunday 29 June 2014

Day 2 in Vinales


Day 2 in Vinales in this magnificent tranquil nature place and I decide to go on a horse riding tour. I had left my boots and my large trousers in Havana to pick them up before I leave, thus I was completely unprepared and unable to take the tour. But fear no more, my Cuban grandma goes in the backyard and pulls out a pair of old Converse shoes 3 sizes bigger and a pair of white old trousers. This woman's kindness was incredible!

Before I leave, she gives some last tips on riding and warns me I will have a sore bottom after 4 hours of riding.

Not long to go that I meet the guide and Pinto, a white horse with some dark spots which got him the name. We were going to spend the next hours together. Well, let me tell you that Pinto was one kind of a horse! He could not bear not being the first horse in the trail and he only listened to me when it was convenient for him. Kind of like me, hehehe!

This was though my first horse riding experience and I simply loved it. Mighty Pinto on the way back even decides to go galloping, so I was definitely tested on holding my balance.

We went through fields and forests, visited a tobacco farmer's place and a cave in total dark (where of course I managed to lose myself from the group together with two other Spanish from the group and they went looking for us with light torches).

Below you can find a video with me riding Pinto who gets scared when seeing some equipment and completely side tracks, again testing my balance.

At the end, I was pleased to notice I had no pain in my body like the other tourists were complaining, just a little bit of overall tiredness. Maybe a newly discovered passion?

No comments:

Post a Comment