Thursday 26 June 2014

A small world
















After a long visit in Havana vieja, the old city centre, we decide to check out El Floridita, which is promoting itself at the place where daiquiri was invented. Hemingway himself dropped by here in the 1930s popularizing this drink. It was invented by one of the bartenders named Constante Ribalaigua.

In El Floridita, we bump into Stan. Stan is from Russia and lives in London. He works for EBRD! Great was my surprise! I then find out that he knows two of my best friends, Sabin and Maria. We of course realise once more how small the world is, the first foreigner we spoke to in Cuba happened to know some of my friends! The photo depicts the 3 of us with Papa Hemingway.

Traveling in Latin America for me meant new and old friends, you meet new people all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment